Apple Cinnamon Muffins
If you are looking for something easy but tasty for brunch this weekend these muffins would be ideal. The apple and cinnamon combination is such a classic.
The chunks of apple and also the inclusion of some oats give the muffins a really nice texture. My husband usually doesn’t like anything that has cooked apple in it (not even apple pie!), but he loved these muffins and was very happy when I made multiple batches.
I used part plain flour and part wholemeal flour, but if you don’t have wholemeal then just use all plain.
Ingredients – makes 6 large (texas) muffins:
- 100g/3.5oz plain (all purpose) flour
- 75g/2.5oz wholemeal flour
- 100g/3.5oz brown sugar
- 50g/2oz rolled oats
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 150ml/5 fl oz milk
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (from a bottle is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
View original post 174 more words